The Law Office of James C. Spitz
Florida Legal Counsel With Decades Of Insurance Law Experience

Common Questions About Property Damage Claim

For many people with denied property damage insurance claims, this is the first time they have had any legal problems. At The Law Office of James C. Spitz we understand that clients have many questions about how to overcome their denied claims. This page is a list of common questions and answers for property owners with wrongfully denied claims.

Our Palm Beach County law firm helps clients across Florida with their denied property damage insurance claims. If you do not find an answer to your question on this page, we will answer them. Call our knowledgeable attorney at 561-678-0349.

How much will it cost to fight my denied property damage insurance claim case?

Many clients with denied property claims will usually not owe any out-of-pocket fees. We often represent client cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay attorney fees unless we obtain compensation for your case.

Florida law also provides that if the insurance company fails to provide proper coverage for your claim then the insurance company is responsible for your attorney fees and costs — in addition to your awarded recovery.

Can I get coverage for my denied property damage claim without litigation?

Once an insurance company denies or undervalues your claim, you will most likely need to hire a lawyer to file suit to obtain fair compensation for your claim.

My home has water damage or mold and I need an alternative living space. Will the insurance company pay for it?

If your home has experienced water damage or has mold growing in it, contact an attorney immediately. You may need alternative living arrangements while you home is being repaired. Often, insurance companies will refuse to pay your claim for such additional living expenses despite such insurance coverage being available under your policy for hotels or other temporary housing accommodations.

Do not stay in your mold or water damaged home; it can cause serious health problems. Our law firm will assist you in finding alternative living arrangements. We will also assess the quality of the air in your home. If you do pay for any alternative living arrangements out-of-pocket, make sure to save your receipts for reimbursement.

How should I talk to the insurance adjuster?

While insurance adjusters claim to be neutral representatives of the insurance company, they are often looking for baseless reasons to deny or reduce your valid claim. Only communicate with insurance companies by writing so that you have a permanent record of all communications.

However, it is important that you cooperate with the insurance adjuster. Do not overstate or embellish any damage or repair costs to your property. "Stretching the truth" to an insurance company can irreparably damage your claim, thus preventing you from obtaining proper compensation for your property damage.

What should I bring to my free consultation at your law firm?

When you come to your free consultation with attorney James C. Spitz, we ask that you bring all paperwork, bills, photographs and videos related to your damaged property claim. It is also important that you bring a complete copy of your insurance policy so we can review it and begin building your case.

When will my property damage insurance claim case end?

Due to the nature of denied insurance property claims we cannot give an exact answer as to when your case will conclude. However, we will definitely aggressively fight insurance companies to obtain just and full compensation for your property damage claim. I will provide continual updates about the status of your case and what you should expect.

Get Answers To Your Questions At Your Free Consultation

Attorney James C. Spitz has nearly three decades of experience helping clients with their denied property claims. He will answer your questions and immediately begin building your case. Call 561-678-0349 or message our attorney to schedule your no-cost evaluation.

Do Not Challenge A Denied Insurance Claim Alone

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy